Search and compare prices at thousands of parking locations.
Select a car space, edit your booking time and pay securely.
Follow the easy directions and access instructions.
When it comes to finding a good time in Sydney, there’s a hidden gem that often goes unnoticed: Redfern. This vibrant neighbourhood has a lot to offer, from its rich cultural heritage to its bustling social scene. Whether you’re a local looking for something new or a visitor wanting to experience the true essence of Sydney, Redfern should be on your radar. In this blog post, we’ll take you on a journey through Redfern’s top five picks for a good time, offering a fresh perspective that goes beyond the usual tourist spots.
Redfern is a melting pot of cultures, and its dining scene perfectly reflects this diversity. Step into any restaurant, and you’re bound to embark on a culinary adventure. From savoury Thai dishes to mouthwatering Italian pizzas, Redfern’s eateries offer a delightful mix of flavours that cater to every palate.
Our top recommendation? Try the local favourite, “Ra Ra Redfern.” This place is so popular that the queue starts forming well before the doors even swing open. Owners Katie Shortland and Scott Gault have poured their hearts into perfecting the art of ramen after spending considerable time in Japan. And let us tell you, their dedication shines through in every bowl of noodles and tonkotsu broth they serve. The fact that you’ll often find a crowd waiting eagerly outside is a testament to just how incredible their ramen is.
If you’re an art enthusiast, Redfern has a hidden treasure waiting for you at Carriageworks. This contemporary arts centre hosts a dynamic range of exhibitions, performances, and events throughout the year. From thought-provoking installations to captivating dance performances, Carriageworks is the place to fuel your creativity and immerse yourself in the local art scene.
What’s coming up at Carriageworks? Well, get ready for a cultural feast:
– Sydney Contemporary 2023: Prepare to be dazzled by the contemporary art world’s finest creations at Sydney Contemporary 2023. This international art fair showcases cutting-edge works from both established and emerging artists. Immerse yourself in the thought-provoking exhibitions, interactive installations, and engaging conversations that define this event.
– Australian Sake Festival:Experience the rich and nuanced world of sake at the Australian Sake Festival. This event offers a unique opportunity to savour a wide variety of sake from different regions of Japan and beyond. Whether you’re a sake connoisseur or a novice, you’re bound to discover new flavours and appreciate the artistry behind this traditional beverage.
– Pinot Palooza: Wine lovers, rejoice! Pinot Palooza is an immersive celebration of all things Pinot Noir. Sample exquisite wines from top producers, indulge in delectable food pairings, and engage with winemakers and experts. It’s a grape-lover’s dream come true, and the perfect occasion to expand your wine knowledge.
Keep an eye on their upcoming events and immerse yourself in the ever-evolving world of art and culture. Get ready for a good time in Redfern.
Need a break from the urban hustle and bustle? Redfern Park is a lush oasis in the heart of the neighbourhood. Take a leisurely stroll through its serene landscapes, have a picnic with friends, or simply relax under the shade of a tree. It’s the perfect spot to recharge and enjoy some quality outdoor time.
Not only that, Redfern park is also a site of national and state historic significance for Aboriginal rights, recognition, and reconciliation. It stands as a living testament to the Australia/Invasion Day 1988 Long March of Freedom, Justice, and Hope and the 1992 Redfern Speech of Prime Minister Paul Keating.
Redfern knows how to have a good time after the sun goes down. The neighbourhood’s bars are a testament to its lively spirit. Whether you’re looking for a unique craft cocktail or a cosy spot to unwind with friends, Redfern has you covered.
– The Bearded Tit: Head to “The Bearded Tit” for a quirky and colourful experience. This eclectic bar offers a wide selection of craft beers and cocktails, and its vibrant décor is a visual treat in itself. The friendly bartenders here make sure you feel right at home.
– Arcadia Liquors: Nestled in the heart of Redfern, Arcadia Liquors is a hidden gem known for its extensive whiskey collection and innovative cocktails. The intimate atmosphere and top-notch mixologists create the perfect setting for a memorable night out.
– Moya’s Juniper Lounge: Gin enthusiasts rejoice! Moya’s Juniper Lounge is your haven in Redfern. With an impressive array of gins and gin-based cocktails, this cosy lounge offers a taste of the juniper spirit like no other. Their knowledgeable staff can guide you through a gin-tasting adventure that’s sure to leave a lasting impression.
– Misfits: If you’re in the mood for something a bit offbeat, Misfits is the place to be. This quirky bar combines art, music, and craft beverages to deliver a truly unique experience. Don’t miss their themed nights and live performances, which add an extra layer of excitement to your evening.
With these fantastic options, Redfern’s nightlife scene is vibrant and diverse, ensuring you’ll have a great time no matter your preference. So, whether you’re into artsy vibes, cosy hideaways, juniper-infused delights, or eclectic spaces, Redfern’s bars have something special in store for you.
To truly grasp the essence of Redfern, it’s essential to see it through the lens of a local. This neighbourhood, with its rich history and evolving character, has been shaped by the people who call it home. Take a local’s perspective –. Blak Douglas, a Dhungatti man and contemporary artist, witnessed Redfern’s transformation during his ten-year tenure here. Despite the “tsunami of gentrification,” he welcomes a “new influx of people with a new taste for art.”
One of his cherished spots is 107 Projects (107 Redfern St), an experimental space for art exhibitions, yoga, and dance classes. Director Jess Cook’s commitment to the local community and boundary-pushing artistic offerings define this place.
For contemporary art enthusiasts, DuckRabbit (138 Little Eveleigh St), run by artist Hugh Ramage, is a must-visit. It hosts innovative exhibitions, including the celebrated annual Vincent Prize group exhibition.
Redfern Community Centre (29-53 Hugo St) showcases local creators’ artwork, highlighting the neighbourhood’s diverse talent.
And don’t overlook the unassuming Redfern Convenience Store (152a Redfern St). Don’t be fooled by its unassuming facade, for within, you’ll discover the ‘Greatest Convenience Store on Earth,’ according to owner Hazem Zedda. With a cult following on social media and a reputation for friendly service and a unique collection of imported candies, it’s no surprise that visitors from far and wide make the pilgrimage to this beloved local spot.
So there you have it, our top 5 picks for a good time in Redfern: a vibrant and diverse neighbourhood that offers a truly unique Sydney experience. Whether you’re exploring its diverse dining scene, immersing yourself in the local art and culture, or enjoying the lively nightlife, Redfern has something for everyone. So, why not venture beyond the usual tourist haunts and get to know Redfern for a good time like no other?
In a city as bustling as Sydney, where every minute counts, having a reliable parking solution can make all the difference. That’s where Share with Oscar comes in – your trusted companion for hassle-free parking. As you explore Redfern and all it has to offer, remember that with Share with Oscar, you’re not just finding parking; you’re reclaiming precious moments. Say goodbye to the frustration of endless circling for a spot and instead, embrace the convenience of our app.
Download the app now and let Redfern be your playground, not your parking headache!