Share with Oscar Pty Ltd (hereinafter referred to as "Oscar", "we", "us" or "our") respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your privacy.
“Aggregated information” means information about all of our users or specific groups or categories of users that we combine together and which does not include the users’ Personal Information.
"Data Controller" means Oscar, the company responsible for the use of and processing of Personal Information.
"Personal Information" refers to information relating to an individual who is or can be identified either from that information or from that information in conjunction with other information that is in, or is likely to come into, the possession of the Data Controller.
WHAT TYPES OF USER INFORMATION DOES OSCAR GATHER?
1. Information that you give us
We receive, store and process information that you make available to us when accessing or using our Platform. We may collect Personal Information such as your name, email, telephone number, address, or payment information (such as bank account or credit card number). The types of Personal Information we collect may vary depending on your use of the features of the Platform. Examples include when you:
1. fill in any form on the Platform e.g. upon creating an Account or listing a Parking Space(s);
2. access or use the Platform, such as to search or pay for parking, make or accept bookings, enter your bank account number so you can be paid your earnings;
3. link your account on a third party site (e.g. Facebook) to your Oscar account, in which case we will obtain the Personal Information that you have provided to the third party site, to the extent allowed by your settings with the third party site and authorised by you; and
4. communicate with Oscar.
Your Account information (which includes Personal Information) is the same across both Oscar’s platform (www.sharewithoscar.com.au) as well as Meriton’s platform (meriton.sharewithoscar.com.au) regardless of which platform you have registered with first.
2. Mobile Data
When you use certain features of the Platform, in particular our mobile applications we may receive, store and process information about your location, including general information (e.g., IP address) and more specific information (e.g., GPS-based functionality on mobile devices used to access the Platform or specific features of the platform). If you access the Platform through a mobile device and you do not want your device to provide us with location information, you can disable the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your device.
3. Log Data
We may also receive, store and process Log Data, which is information that is automatically recorded by our servers whenever you access or use the Platform, regardless of whether you are registered with Oscar or logged in to your Oscar account, such as your IP Address, the date and time you access or use the Platform, the hardware and software you are using, referring and exit pages and URLs, the number of clicks, pages viewed and the order of those pages, and the amount of time spent on particular pages.
4. Cookies, and other Tracking Technologies
We track your activities if you click on advertisements for Oscar services on third party platforms such as search engines and social networks, and may use analytics to track what you do in response to those advertisements.
We may, either directly or through third party companies and individuals we engage to provide services to us, also continue to track your behaviour on our own Platform for purposes of our own customer support, analytics, research, product development, fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, as well as to enable you to use and access the Platform and pay for your activities on the Platform. We may also, either directly or through third party companies and individuals we engage to provide services to us, track your behavior on our own Platform to market and advertise our services to you on the Platform and third party websites. Please note that even if you choose to opt-out of receiving targeted advertising, you may still receive advertising on the Platform – it just will not be tailored to your interests.
5. Third-party social plugins
Our Platform may use social plugins which are provided and operated by third-party companies, such as Facebook.
As a result of this, you may send to the third-party company the information that you are viewing on a certain part of our Platform. If you are not logged into your account with the third-party company, then the third party may not know your identity. If you are logged into your account with the third-party company, then the third party may be able to link information about your visit to our Platform to your account with them.
HOW WE USE AND PROCESSES THE INFORMATION THAT YOU PROVIDE OR MAKE AVAILABLE
We collect, use and process Information about you for the following general purposes:
1. to enable you to access and use the Platform;
2. to operate, protect, improve the Platform, our business, and our user experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research, and for advertising and marketing;
3. to help create and maintain a trusted and safer environment on the Platform, such as fraud detection and prevention, conducting investigations and risk assessments, verifying the address of your Parking Space(s) listings, verifying any identifications provided by you, and conducting checks where required;
4. to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
5. to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent on behalf of our business partners that we think you may find interesting. You will be able to unsubscribe or opt-out from receiving these communications via email;
6. to provide rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by Oscar or our business partners; and
7. to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties;
8. to help you if you have any problems.
HOW OSCAR USES AND PROCESSES USER COMMUNICATIONS
We may review, scan, or analyse your communications with other users exchanged via the Platform for fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research and customer support purposes.
By using the Platform, you consent that Oscar, in its sole discretion, may review, scan, analyse, and store your communications, whether done manually or through automated means.
The rights to use and analyse customer information (including for marketing offers) is mostly restricted to Oscar. A Spot Owner is not given the explicit right to analyse customer information unless that customer is accessing the park using the Oscar for Business system in which case customer data is shared with the Spot Owner for the purpose of research, analytics and reporting.
WHEN OSCAR DISCLOSES OR SHARES PERSONAL INFORMATION, AND TO WHOM
We may transfer, store, use and process your information, including any Personal Information, to countries outside Australia. Please note that laws vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, and so the privacy laws applicable to the places where your information is transferred to or stored, used or processed in, may be different from the privacy laws applicable to the place where you are resident.
Your Personal Information may be disclosed as follows:
1. Parts of your public profile page that contain some Personal Information may be displayed in other parts of the Platform to other users for marketing purposes.
2. Your public Listing page will include some information such as the street and suburb of the Parking Space(s) is located, photos and images provided by you. Parts of your public Listing page may be displayed in other parts of the Platform to other users for marketing purposes. The Platform may also display the Parking Space(s)’s geographic location on a map, such that a user can see the general area of the Parking Space(s).
3. When you book a Parking Space(s) or submit an enquiry, some of your details will become visible to the Spot Owner. You agree to be contacted by the Spot Owner or Oscar via the platform and the Spot Owner (or Oscar) decides to do so. We will not share your phone number unless you have granted specific permission, on case by case basis.
4. As a Spot Owner, when you receive a booking, or someone commences parking in your Parking Space(s), you agree to be contacted by the Driver or Oscar via the platform, and when the Driver or Oscar decides to do so.
5. When you book a Parking Space(s), or when you submit an enquiry, we will disclose some of your Personal Information to the Parking Space(s) Owner or Driver (such as vehicle registration details) where necessary. However, your billing information will never be shared with another user.
6. When you book a Parking Space or receive a booking, your Personal Information is accessible by Meriton and its employees and related entities (including Building Managers). This is for security reasons.
7. We may also engage third party companies and individuals to provide services to us, including services to help verify your identification or to conduct checks against databases such as public government databases (where legally allowed). We may provide Personal Information about you to these third parties, or give them access to this Personal Information, for the limited purpose of allowing them to provide these services. We will ensure that such third parties have contractual obligations to protect this Personal Information and to not use it for unrelated purposes.
8. You acknowledge, consent and agree that Oscar may access, preserve and disclose your account information and Collective Content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access, preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary for legal reasons.
9. We may also publish, disclose and use Aggregated Information and non-personal information for industry analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
BUSINESS TRANSFERS BY OSCAR
HOW TO CHANGE OR DELETE YOUR INFORMATION OR ACCOUNT
You may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in your Oscar account by contacting us at email@example.com.
KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE
We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect your Personal Information against the unauthorised access, destruction or alteration of your information. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, and no method of storing electronic information, can be 100% secure. So, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your transmissions to us and of your Personal Information that we store.
YOUR PRIVACY WHEN YOU ACCESS THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND RESOURCES
Oscar uses "cookies" in conjunction with the Platform to obtain information. A cookie is a small data file that is transferred to your device for record-keeping purposes.
Your browser may allow you to set how it handles cookies, such as declining all cookies or prompting you to decide whether to accept each cookie.
Oscar cookies and third party cookies
We may also allow our business partners to place cookies on your device. For example, we use Google Analytics for web analytics, and so Google may also set cookies on your device. As further explained below, third parties may also place cookies on your device for advertising purposes.
There are two types of cookies used on the Platform, namely “persistent cookies” and “session cookies”.
Session cookies will normally expire when you close your browser, while persistent cookies will remain on your device after you close your browser, and can be used again the next time you access the Platform.
The Platform may also use other technologies with similar functionality to cookies, such as web beacons and tracking URLs to obtain Log Data about users. We may also use web beacons and tracking URLs in our messages to you to determine whether you have opened a certain message or accessed a certain link.
Uses for Oscar cookies
1. to enable, facilitate and streamline the functioning of the Platform across different webpages and browser sessions.
2. to simplify your access to and use of the Platform and make it more seamless.
3. to monitor and analyse the performance, operation and effectiveness of the Platform, so that we can improve and optimize it.
4. to show you content (which may include advertisements) that is more relevant to you.
Uses for third party cookies
In addition, Facebook places a cookie via the Platform that allows Facebook to obtain aggregated, non-Personal Information to optimize their services. For example, if a user clicks on an advertisement for the Oscar mobile app on Facebook and subsequently installs the app, this cookie will inform Facebook that a user (who is not personally identified) has installed the app after clicking on the advertisement. This cookie may also inform Facebook that a user is using the app, without identifying the specific actions taken by the user in the app.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies by visiting the Help portion of your browser’s toolbar. Flash cookies operate differently than browser cookies, and cookie management tools available in a web browser will not remove flash cookies.
22 June 2021